Adaptive Swim Tips For Parents
In this FREE Mini Course by Swim Angelfish, owners and adaptive swim experts Ailene Tisser and Cindy Freedman provide valuable insights for parents of children with special needs, learning challenges, and disabilities, who are struggling to gain swim skills.
The video focuses on understanding and addressing the unique behaviors exhibited by these children in the pool, which may impact their swim success and shares how it is possible for them to become safer and more independent in the water.
- Ailene and Cindy discuss how the properties of water can be leveraged by swim instructors to help children with sensory needs and physical limitations.
- Emphasis on creating a sensory-friendly environment and using water's therapeutic properties to support learning.
- The video underscores the importance of water safety practices and how parents can improve water safety for their children with special needs.
- Includes expert tips for helping children develop body awareness in the water, improving their confidence and safety.
- Strategies for helping children smoothly transition between activities in and out of the water to enhance their overall water experience.
- Insights into the factors that may contribute to a child's struggles in traditional learn-to-swim programs.
4) Professional Adaptive Swim Tips for Parents:
- Practical advice on using swim equipment effectively to support your child in gaining swim skills.
- Suggestions and activities to prepare children for safe and enjoyable water experiences.
5) Never Give Up:
- Ailene and Cindy's message of encouragement for parents: Believe in your child's potential to become safer and more independent in the water, regardless of their abilities.
- Encouragement to not settle for less and maintain high expectations, emphasizing the importance of safe recreational water activities for the whole family.
6) Downloadable Content & Quiz
- Knowledge check-in with our handy quiz.
- PARENT Acronym Water Safety and Swim Success Tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for watching! This FREE Mini-Course is a valuable resource for parents of children with special needs, offering expert guidance on making adaptive swim experiences successful, safe, and enjoyable.
It is a reminder that every child, regardless of their abilities, has the potential to thrive in the water with the right support, expectations and specially trained instructors in adaptive swim methods.